Fee and Payment Info
All operations are Laparoscopic or “keyhole".
Out of pocket cost (gap) is approximate.
- Gastric Sleeve $4500
- Gastric Band $3500
- Revision Band $3500 (If the Original Band was done by this practice no gap)
- Removal Band $3500 (If the Original Band was done by this practice no gap)
- Gastric Bypass only done rarely.
- Endoscopic procedures including gastric stricture dilation,If primary surgery was done by this practice no gap
- Anaesthetist is Gap of $850-$1200
Surgeon fee includes highly experienced laparoscopic surgical assistant.
Patients in a health fund make a claim post-surgery, which they retain. Different funds give different rebates; hence, the out-of-pocket being approximate.
Health funds cover hospital and operating theatre costs, which are substantial. Also included are hospital bed costs.
All procedures are performed in a Private Hospital which has a vast experience in Bariatric Surgery.
Length of Stay
Band: Day case. One day in hospital
Bypass or Sleeve: 2 days in hospital including date of surgery