Dr. Paul Caska (M.B.B.S, FRCS, FRCSEd, FRACS)
General, Laparoscopic & Obesity Surgeon
Dr. Paul Caska
- M.B.,B.S., Sydney University, 1969
- F.R.C.S., Edinburgh, February 1974
- F.R.C.S.,England June 1974
- F.R.A.C.S., Sydney, April 1975
- General and Laparoscopic Surgeon
- Accredited Endoscopist GESA : endoscopy colonoscopy ERCP
- Laparoscopic hiatus hernia and antireflux surgery
- Bariatric Surgery – my practice is an accredited OSSANZ Surgical Training Practice.
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric band and sleeve gastrectomy Gastric Bypass
- Parathyroid Surgery – servicing the Renal Unit at Gosford Public Hospital for over 20 years.
- Trauma Surgery.
- Emergency burr hole surgery for cerebral trauma.
- Bariatric Surgery .
- Visiting Medical Officer, Gosford Hospital: 1977 – 2014
- Visiting Medical Officer Sydney Adventist Hospital Wahroonga 1977-1987
- Visiting Medical Officer, Brisbane Waters Private Hospital: 1978 – Current.
- Visiting Medical Officer, North Gosford Private Hospital: 1979 – Current.
- Principal Surgeon Obesity Surgery Central Coast NSW Australia www.obesitysurgerycentralcoast.com.au
- 1969 - 1971 – St. Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney, NSW
- 1971 – 1972 – Canberra Hospital, Canberra, ACT
- 1972 – 1973 – Queen Mary’s Hospital for Children, Carshalton, Surrey, UK
- 1973 – 1975 – Epsom District Hospital, Epsom, UK
- 1975 – 1976 – Lewisham Hospital, Lewisham, NSW
- 1976 – 1977 Prince of Wales Hospital, NSW
Postgraduate Teaching Assignments
- Tutor to Newcastle University Students.
- Registrar and Resident Medical Officer training.
Contributions To Central Coast Area Health
- Introduced Laparoscopic Surgery to Gosford Public Hospital.
- Involved in teaching all Laparoscopic techniques at Gosford Public Hospital.
- Set up E.R.C.P. Unit at Gosford Public Hospital – performed the first E.R.C.P. in 1986.
- Colorectal Surgery – performed first stapled anastomosis for Anterior Resection, carcinoma of the rectum.
- Foundation Member setting up the Breast Unit at Gosford Public Hospital.
- Consultant for Breast Unit for over 15 years – Gosford Public Hospital.
- Emergency Neurosurgical cover Gosford hospital
- Emergency Vascular Surgery Gosford Hospital 1977-2015
Membership Of Medical Associations
- Sydney Upper Gastrointestinal Society.
- Australian Medical Association.
- Australian Association of Surgeons.
- Central Coast Medical Association.
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons.
- International Society of Digestive Surgeons.
- Gastroenterological Society of Australia.
- (Fully accredited Endoscopist, upper, lower, E.R.C.P., with Gastroenterological Society of Australia)
- OSSANZ (Obesity Surgery Society of Australia & New Zealand)
- May 1994: Annual Scientific Meeting of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Perth.
- Personal paper describing sixty-one consecutive cases of laparoscopic antireflux surgery.
- September 1994: Registrar’s Papers Day.
- Day Case laparoscopic cholecystectomy at the Convention Centre, Darling Harbour, Sydney.
- numerous resident and student lectures
National & International Meetings Attended
- General Scientific Meeting, Hobart - 1980, Sydney – 1982, Hong Kong – 1984, Adelaide – 1986.
- Second yearly attendance of Annual Scientific Meetings Royal Australasian College of Surgeons from 1986 – current.
- Third World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery, Bordeaux – June 1992. Royal Australasian College of Surgeons’ State Meetings – annually.
- Sydney Upper Gastrointestinal Society Meetings.
- MISS (Minimally Invasive Surgical Symposium), U.S.A – 2007/2008 – annually.
- many visits to Teaching Facilities to participate in advanced techniques
Dr. Paul Caska - Obesity Surgery Central Coast
7 Vidler Ave
WOY WOY NSW 2256
+61 2 4344 2424